We all have to eat everyday.
Micro gardening is an income generating strategy that reduces unemployment, poverty and food insecurity [shortages & high prices].
Micro gardening virtually eliminates transportation and enhances the environment. Waste water can be recycled, rain captured and organic waste [market, restaurant etc] used for composting.
- Transformative [people & empty spaces]
- Does not require large spaces or land
- Fresh, nutritious food for consumption/sale
- Education, recreation, employment/income
- Environmentally friendly [utilises compost, low water usage]
- Easy to implement [local, low cost materials]
- Expandable [plant nursery, animal husbandry, aquaculture, agro-forestry, horticulture etc]
- Great for schools